Thursday 13 May 2010

Question for Jehovah's Witnesses: How Many Gods?

As a Christian I'm a monotheist, that is, I believe in only one, true God. The word "true" means that I view all other gods as "not true", or false. Therefore, any God other than the Christian God is a false god. I take this position due to the Bible's consistent teaching, from Old to New Testament, that there is only one, true God.

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that Jehovah alone is God. He is Almighty God. But the Bible says that Jesus is God*.

My question for Jehovah's Witnesses: why are you polytheists?

*Isaiah 9: 6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him: “Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.” [Spoken by Thomas, without correction, to Jesus. 'Ho theos' = "the God", something the Governing Body teaches is never said about Jesus. Yet there it is, in black and white.]

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Al´pha and the O·me´ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.” [note: "Jehovah" is not in the original Greek, but rather 'kyrious',or Lord. The context clearly shows this is talking about the Lord Jesus Christ. As is the case in dozens of examples, God's inspired word has been altered by the Governing Body to support their Christ-dishonouring doctrines.]

No comments:

Post a Comment